American Photographic Artists, San Francisco proudly presents:
3069 17th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
• To celebrate community
• To create connections
• To develop support
• To answer questions
• Central themes in conversations tend to be women (and artists in general) wondering what everyone else is doing and what their experience is.
• Female artists, more so than male artists, do not create or attend gatherings of peers, so we are here to discuss why that is -- if for no other reason than to penetrate isolation and facilitate development and distribution of resources for our community.
• Do you feel there are challenges specific to being a woman in this industry?
• What do you feel is the current status of women in the industry?
• Do you feel there are opportunities specific to women?
• Have you heard of the female-only listing sites, such as: F Collective, Already Made and Free The Bid?
• Do you have ideas/suggestions for how female artists can be part of the bid process in larger numbers?
• What do you feel are the challenges of mothers in our industry today?
• How can we help each other?
• How can we better create a sense of community?
• How can we develop and nurture resources?
• How can we help the next generation of artists, creatives, producers?
The event is nearly 100% sold out. Only a few tickets will be available at the door on a first come first serve basis. Cash or check only, please. Doors open at 6 PM.
APA Members : $15 at the door (cash or checks only at the door)
General Admission : $25 at the door (cash or checks only at the door)
APA SF has an event admission no-refund policy. Thanks.
Incoming APA SF Chair & APA National Executive Board Member Lisa Vortman, Vice-Chair...