2019 Judges' Best of Show, © Blake Farrington
1. This is our 23rd annual impressive Something Personal exhibit, which is now established as the premiere personal work exhibition.
2. Hundreds of Creatives, Photographers, and others are expected to attend the spectacular annual World Premiere Online Gallery Exhibition & Virtual Holiday Party.
3. APA Members get up to a full 50% discount on the Entry fee.
4. Acclaimed Panel of Judges (listed below) will see your work, at their own pace.
5. Top Place winners are entitled to special virtual portfolio / website reviews with Judges.
6. Online Gallery version of the Exhibit will be up for all of 2021 and beyond, (last year's gallery is here).
7. This year, 100 images will appear in the online gallery.
8. Top place images proactively promoted to 2000 Creatives via email.
9. Best of Show image appears on special Invitation / Announcement.
10. Prestigious Exhibition of 100 images helps all Exhibitors succeed.
11. Simple, reliable, secure online entry procedure, through the APA National website.
12. No limit to the number of images you can enter.
13. No date-created limitations.
14. Fairness Max4 Rule: no one can get more than 4 images accepted into the show.
15. Excellent odds of getting images accepted into the Exhibit.
16. We featured 63 different Exhibitors’ images last year.
17. About 1/4 of all entrants got at least one image in the 2019 Exhibition.
18. Less financial commitment: no printing, matting or framing required this year (online gallery only).
19. Superb opportunity to advance your career, display your own photographic style.
20. Top Exhibitors receive Award banners for their websites, and under their winning images at the Opening.
21. APA Something Personal Exhibit is one of the world’s most respected and prestigious photo contests.
22. Exhibitors' websites get a good boost in online traffic, especially from Creatives.
APA San Francisco's annual Something Personal Exhibition is well established as the photo event of the year in our region. Something Personal 2020 is a great opportunity to exhibit your finest personal work at the spectacular World Premiere Online Exhibition & Virtual Holiday Party, from 7:00-9:00 PM on Wednesday, December 9, 2020.
Every recent year, between 600 and 1000 people have attended the in-person Something Personal Exhibition Holiday Party. We expect many hundreds of people to participate in our online version, this year. All of the top Creatives in our region will receive special invitations, so this is a superb opportunity to show them your finest personal work. We will also display the complete exhibition on our website for over a full year, so your finest personal work will be available to thousands more clients.
Your chances of participating in the APA SF 2020 Something Personal Exhibit are truly excellent! You can online-enter as many JPEG images as you like. We've limited the number of accepted pieces from any one photographer to their top 4, as decided by the Judges' scores.
Creatives love to see pro photographers' personal work, because it reveals your true photographic style, without anyone else's influence or input. The APA SF Something Personal Exhibit started more than two decades ago with this core concept, and each time, we've streamlined the process to make it even easier to enter, with very few restrictions. This year, we again have easy online entry and judging.
• No confusing categories.
• No series of images.
• No creation date restrictions; no limitation on when your images were created.
• Only strong, original, creative, truly personal work gets accepted.
• Entries may be black and white, duotone, or color, and should be self-commissioned.
• Entries must represent what you consider to be your finest personal work.
• Alternative print processes (tin type, etc) are acceptable.
• PLEASE NOTE: Panoramas, diptychs & triptychs cannot be entered this year.
No commercial work, please: Images specifically commissioned for publication, or some other use by a paying client are not considered true "personal work" for the purposes of this competition and may be disqualified without prior notification or explanation.
The key to success is your personal photographic style
Each of whom are directly responsible for hiring photographers or buying pro photographers' imagery.
(Please check back here as we announce more Judges)
A list of past years Judges is here.
There are different Entry Fees for different APA Member levels this year.
APA Leader, or Professional Members : $20 for each entry
APA Associate, or Supporter Members : $25 for each entry
APA Contributor Members : $30 for each entry
Non-Members : $40 for each entry
Not an APA member? Now is a great time to join APA and receive up to a 50% discount on each image you enter.
Please read the Competition Rules (below), and then follow these guidelines and image requirements carefully to ensure the proper submission of your entries.
Everyone who enters will be notified of their entry status one way or the other, on or before November 24, 2020. APA SF never leaves you wondering; we know you want to know. Decisions of the judges shall be final and binding.
From Heather Elder's "Notes From a Rep's Journal"
Missed one of our popular Zoom discussions? Watch APA events for free, here,...